The Power of Positive Affirmations.

The power of positive affirmations and how to create your own.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

- Winston Churchill

We live in a world that is constantly changing and challenging us. We encounter different people and situations every day. Some of them inspire us, some of them frustrate us. Some of them make us happy, some of them make us sad. We all have goals and dreams, even if we are not always aware of them. We all want to connect with others and feel valued and appreciated. We all want to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.

But sometimes, we may face obstacles and difficulties that make us doubt ourselves and our abilities. We may feel stuck, hopeless, or unworthy. We may lose sight of our purpose and our potential. We may let negative thoughts and emotions take over our minds and hearts.

Ref 1

This is where positive affirmations can help us. Positive affirmations are basically loud sentences that help in the creation of an optimistic mindset. You repeatedly call out to your subconscious brain and make it understand the value of positivity and optimism. We have two kinds of mental states (Active and Sub conscious states). Active part of the brain is basically you being aware of reality and your subconscious mind is basically the emotionless computer that gives data and information to your active brain. Here is how positive affirmations come to play. They impact your subconsciousness, leading you to develop a positive mind set. Thus increasing your grasp on reality and so called life. They help you in the long run and make you one step closer to achieving your goals.

But how can we create our own positive affirmations? How can we use them effectively? Here are some tips to guide you:

  • Be positive: Use affirmations that focus on what you want, not what you don’t want. For example, instead of saying “I am not afraid of failure”, say “I learn from my mistakes” or “I embrace challenges”.

  • Be realistic: Use affirmations that are attainable and believable for you. For example, instead of saying “I am the best in the world”, say “I am doing my best” or “I am proud of myself”.

  • Be present: Use affirmations that are in the present tense, as if they are already true. For example, instead of saying “I will be happy”, say “I am happy” or “I choose happiness”.

  • Be consistent: Repeat your affirmations daily, preferably in the morning and at night. You can say them out loud, write them down, or record them on your phone. You can also use visual cues, such as posters, stickers, or wallpapers, to remind you of your affirmations.


3 Minute Rule:

To practice positive affirmations effectively, you can also use the 3 minute rule. This is a simple technique that involves taking 3 minutes from your day to close your eyes and reflect on your thoughts and feelings.

Ask yourself these questions:

  • Why am I feeling this way? Is it really worth it?

  • What makes me happy? What brings me joy?

  • What are my goals? What are my actions?

Then, think of some positive affirmations that relate to your answers. For example, if you are feeling stressed about a deadline, you can say “I am calm and focused” or “I can handle this”. If you are feeling grateful for your family, you can say “I am loved and supported” or “I appreciate my family”.

Say these affirmations to yourself with conviction and emotion. Feel the words in your body and mind. Imagine the results that you want to achieve.

By doing this exercise regularly, you will be able to cultivate a positive mindset and attitude that will help you live a better life.

Ref 2

Post a Comment

0 Comments